This month, Premier Lien Research, LLC began offering new services in addition to the services that serve as its foundation- Municipal Lien Searches and Estoppel Information Research. Now, PLR proudly adds Judgment Lien Search & Construction Lien Services as well as Mobile Notary Services to its lineup of demanded services.
About Judgment Liens
A Florida judgment (or Florida domesticated judgment) can operate as a lien on non-exempt FL real estate owned by a judgment debtor. According to Fla. Stat. § 55.10, a judgment becomes a lien on real property in any county when a certified copy of it is recorded in the official records or judgment lien record of that county and operates as a lien for an initial period of 10 years from the date of the recording; and the judgment creditor may extend the 10 year period by complying with Fla. Stat. § 55.10(2).
Florida Judgment Search includes*:
- Search of up to two (2) search terms/names,
- Search of one (1) Florida county Official Records for judgment liens and satisfactions of lien,
- Search of one (1) Florida county Official Records for construction liens/claims of lien** and satisfactions of lien,
- Search of one (1) Florida county Clerk of Court Civil Records (hard costs may apply depending on the county searched),
- Search of Florida Dept. of Corporations Judgment Lien List
**Construction Lien Services
In the event that a recorded construction claim of lien is found with no corresponding satisfaction of lien, we encourage our clients to seek legal counsel to assess the validity of said claim of lien pursuant to Fla. Stat. 713. If a valid claim of lien exists, we are happy to work towards concluding the matter. Our construction lien services include:
- Contacting the purported lienor with a Demand For Sworn Statement of Account;
- If payoff is made by debtor, obtaining a release of lien and properly recording it;
- If the claim of lien is contested, we will file and serve a Notice of Contest of Lien, which then forces the purported lienor to file his lawsuit within 60 days, instead of the statutory 1 year period;
- If requested, refer you to legal counsel specializing in lien litigation to handle your specific matter.
For more information about PLR’s Judgment Lien Search & Construction Lien Services, click here.
For more information about PLR’s Mobile Notary Services, click here.